Do you have a Will? According to a poll by Mustel Group conducted in March 2014, only 55% of British Columbian adults have a current and legal Will.
Most of us tend to find excuses when it comes to estate planning. However, estate planning should be on top of everyone’s to-do list. Without a Will, the Court determines who is to administer your estate and the law decides who gets your estate.
Still not convinced? By having a Will, you:
- control the distribution of your estate
- designate person(s) you trust to administer your estate
- designate guardian(s) you trust to take care of your minor children
- pre-plan your funeral arrangement
- reduce stress and conflict amongst your loved ones
- express your wishes and give clarity